Born: 19 November 1975
- Sushmita Sen was born in Hyderabad to Shubeer (An Air Force Wing Commander) and Subhra (A jewelry designer) Sen.
- Sushmita first stepped into the limelight in 1994 when she defeated Aishwarya Rai in the Femina Miss India beauty pageant. From there she went on to win the 1994 Miss Universe Pageant at age 19, the first woman from India to do so.
- Sushmita’s next step was her entrance into Bollywood, which took place in 1996 with the film Dastak.
- 1999 was a highly successful year for Sushmita. She was nominated for two Best Supporting Actress Awards at the Filmfare Awards for the films Sirf Tum and Biwi No. 1. She won the award for her role in Biwi No. 1.
- Sushmita has enjoyed commercial success with films such as Main Hoon Na in 2004 and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? in 2005.
- In 2000, Sushmita made headlines by adopting a baby girl as a single 25 year old mother. The girl, named Renee, was later joined by Alisah, another girl, in 2010.
- Rakshak (1996)
- Dastak (1996)
- Mera Joota Hai Japani (1997)
- Zor (1998)
- Jadh (1998)
- Biwi No.1 (1999)
- Sirf Tum (1999)
- Hindustan Ki Kasam (1999)
- Chakra (2000)
- Rama Krishna (2000)
- Fiza (2000)
- Aaghaaz (2000)
- Bas Itna Sa Khwab Hai (2001)
- Nayak (2001)
- Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge (2002)
A comedy about two childhood friends and small time crooks. They get a bank manager into trouble when they rob a bank and the manager is suspected of having taken the money.
An army major goes undercover as a college student. His mission is to protect his general's daughter from a radical militant and to find his estranged half-brother.
A comedy about a married businessman who engages a man to impersonate as the lover of his girlfriend to deflect his wife's suspicion of his affair.
Amitabh Bachchan plays Babban, a dark underbelly of Mumbai City, a nihilistic new leader who has risen to rule the fetid underworld.